Alberta winters are harsh, especially on your home. It is important to inspect your roof each spring to avoid future damage on your greatest investment. Don’t know where to start? Read on…
Top 5 Things to Look for When Inspecting Your Roof.
It is important to do a “Walk-Around” of your roof each spring or after any extreme weather event. Here are the top 5 things to look for:
- Missing Shingles: missing shingles expose your roof deck and allow for significant future damage.
- Damaged Shingles: cracked, torn, bald or missing shingles are a sign that your roof’s lifecycle has come to an end. Replacing your roof before damage ensues could save you thousands of dollars in damages.
- Loose Materials and Wear: Watch out for an excessive amount of shingle granules (they look like large grains of sand) in the gutters – this is a sign of advanced wear. Loose material or wear around chimneys, vents, pipes or other penetrations, require immediate attention.
- Moisture, Rot or Mold: Note that wet spots may not be directly under your faulty shingle; water can travel down to its lowest spot before it drips. Mold, fungi and bacteria can grow quickly — within 24 to 48 hours of a water-related problem.
- Attic Inspection: some of the biggest telltale signs that your roof needs repair or replacement are seen from the inside. If you haven’t already, get your flashlight and make a trip up to your attic space to look for places where the roof deck is sagging, signs of water damage or leaking, dark spots and trails, outside light showing through the roof.
Free Attic Inspection by our HAAG Certified Inspectors.
A thorough attic inspection is very important in determining your roofing needs and challenges. As part of our roofing quoting process, our experienced roofing technicians can determine the structural condition of your roof. We check for mould, rot, damage or improper ventilation that could compromise the integrity of your home. This is a totally free service, with no obligation to you. Call now for your free quote and attic inspection: Tel: +1 403 604 9431
Servicing Calgary & Area
Save 25% on your new seamless Eavestroughs!!!!
Spring 2015, CPR Group Roofing & Exteriors: is offering seamless eaves troughs to match your choice of roofing system. New roofs installed by CPR Group will receive a 25% discount on eaves troughs conveniently installed at the time of your roofing installation.